Friday, 7 December 2012

My round-about way of saying THANKS

As an outsider you may look at what I do and wonder if I'm mad? Well I guess you have to be a little crazy to do everything yourself. Write, publish, market, promote and make the brews.

So if there's so much to do, and so few hands to help, why do it?

I'm forty and I've had a million jobs in my life (slight exaggeration). I started washing pots in a pub called The Bewick Arms when I was 12. I've never been afraid to work - that's a fact, and through life I have just kept  on working. 

That was until I read Harry Potter. Then something happened. I was a single mum at the time and I suddenly thought, 'If that J K Rowling woman can write a book so can I!' Which is a little like saying, 'I can drive a car - I'm Michael Schumacher!'

So over the next three years I wrote a book - my dream book about a British girl with Super powers. Then I hit a wall, no-one was interested. So with a little (elbow) nudge from my mum I decided to publish myself.

Now you can turn your nose up at Indie and Self-published authors, but let me tell you this, it's the hardest I have ever worked in my life. If you meet an Indie author who's been successful, behind that is endless hours of hard work.

So lets skip to the interesting part - three books later - three audio's - 15,000 children visited and endless interviews and events under my belt. Here I am still grafting away, so WHY?

Because of YOU! The girl that sent me a message saying how she loved the books. The woman who's read all three and can't wait for the next one to be out! The young man waiting in the line to have his book signed. YOU - you make it all worth while. There is nothing in this world I would rather do. You are The Thirteenth Series

Now not everyone loves the books - but that's OK  it keeps you grounded. Striving to make the next one better than the last - everything has it's place in this world. Never let criticism slow you down! Make it speed you up. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is THANK YOU. Without you there would be no books, without you there would be no reason to write. The journey we are on is just the beginning, and I hope we will be together for a very long time to come.

Best and magical Wishes

Georgia



1 comment:

  1. My pleasure and yes .......... I am reading this in YOUR voice xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...