Friday, 30 November 2012

To read or not to read?


Well I may be a little late to the party, but I have finally finished The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I had seen the movie, which is why I wanted to write this review.


Here was my issue - Watched the film, felt confused and almost turned it off.
Read the book - loved it 5***** without question. Then watched the film again and understood it!

So should a film adaptation of a book be for the reader or the movie goer?

In comparison having never read Lord Of The Rings - I watched all three movie's and felt completely immersed in Tolkien's world.

The movie I would have to give a 7/10 as I feel that if you wish to take a franchise into a new area then that customer - i.e the movie goer, deserves to feel the best possible experience.

Please comment if you do or don't agree.

Now to the question of my daughter reading this book. She's nearly 12 so I thought I would test the water. For me this time it was a yes. However, I was pleased  had read it first as I could address any issues she had.

What now? Catching Fire as fast as i can before the next film comes out!!! I am now a true hunger Games fan.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...