Sunday, 3 April 2011

Mothers Day Rant

So – I’m awake?

That would be just me and the dog I just fed, although she did lick my ankle in appreciation. Not the rest of the family.

Not quite the fanfare I’m sure every other mother in Britain is receiving at this minute. Flowers, Chocolates, Brad Pitt and a warm croissant with a perfectly brewed cuppa.

Or is that just my imagination running away with me?

I will receive a beautiful school made card from the most precious thing I have in the world - my daughter.

Maybe today isn’t about people running around us trying to make good on the things they don’t do the other 364 days of the year. Maybe this is a day to reflect on how well you have coped with the impossible job you received the day you had your child. No manuals included!

The endless hours of sacrifice that you have given and will continue to give until the last breath leaves your body, and all for the pay cheque of a kiss on the cheek on the occasion it’s not completely embarrassing in front of their friends.
Maybe today is a day to reflect on how lucky and blessed you are to have your child to botch up your breakfast!

Nah – pass me the Milk Tray I’m going in 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...